Graeme holds surgeries at a number of locations across the constituency so that constituents can meet him. Details of where these are held are below.
Airlie Village Hall
Airlie, par., W. Forfarshire, 8923 ac., pop. 844; the “Bonnie House o’ Airlie” of Scottish song was within the par., and part of it still remains in connection with the modern mansion of Airlie Castle, seat of the Earl of Airlie; post-town, Kirriemuir.
Located on the High Street in Arbroath opposite the Abbey.
Auchterhouse Village Hall
The village, formerly known as Milltown of Auchterhouse, straddles the Muirhead to Newtyle road. About 1 mile east lies the larger village of Kirkton of Auchterhouse, where the church, school and village hall are located.
Carmyllie is situated on high ground between Arbroath on the coast and the inland county town of Forfar. The main settlements in the area are Redford, Greysdtone, Guynd and Milton of Carmyllie. The Hall is located north of Carmyllie village, on the road to Redford.
Carnoustie – Comrie Hall
Carnoustie is a town and former police burgh in the council area of Angus, Scotland. It is at the mouth of the Barry Burn on the North Sea coast. In the 2011 census, Carnoustie had a population of 11,394, making it the fourth largest town in Angus.
Charleston Village Hall
Charles Henderson, a mill owner from Dundee in the 18th century, Feud from Strathmore estates an area of land around where Charleston is now located. The land was used for woodland, farming, milling, weaving and Quarrying. The houses that established the village were created to house Charles Henderson’s workforce: hence the name “Charleston” originated.
Colliston Village Hall
Colliston is a roadside hamlet in Angus, Scotland that is four miles north of Arbroath on the A933 Arbroath to Brechin road, in the parish of St Vigeans.
Fowlis Easter Hall
Fowlis is a small village situated approximately one mile north of the A85 Trunk road to Perth.
It consists of a church, castle, school, old mill, smithy and a few houses.
The site of the old church dates from 1142 but the church itself was not built until 1453 and boasts of being one of the oldest in Scotland.
The castle built in 1640 was formally much larger but has recently been renovated.
Friockheim Community Hub
The name ‘Friockheim’, literally translated, means ‘Heather Home’, with Friock being a derivative from the Gaelic ‘fraoch’ (heather) and ‘heim’ from the German for home. The word ‘Friockheim’ as a whole, is pronounced ‘Free-come’.
Kirkton of Glenisla is a village in Glen Isla. It is situated on the river Isla, eleven miles north-west of Kirriemuir and ten miles north of Blairgowrie, on the B951 road. The village consists of a church and graveyard, a hotel, and several holiday cottages. The village is situated adjacent to the 64 mile waymarked Cateran Trail.
Glen Doll Visitor Centre
Glen Doll, also sometimes spelt Glendoll, lies within the Cairngorms National Park, at the top of Glen Clova, in an area of steep hills, corries and munros. It includes the Corrie Fee Nature Reserve, which has many endangered plants. The nearest town is Kirriemuir.
Guthrie is a village in Angus, Scotland, roughly at the centre point of the towns of Arbroath, Brechin and Forfar. The principal building in the village is Guthrie Castle, which has its own public golf course and is a popular venue for events such as markets, parties and weddings. The village of Guthrie is centered on the Guthrie parish church, containing the Guthrie Aisle, built in 1150.
Inverkeilor Village Hall
Inverkeilor is a village and parish in Angus. The parish was previously known as Conghoillis, and it was dedicated to a Saint Mo Chonóc of Cell Mucroisse.
Kirkton of Kingoldrum is a village in Angus, Scotland. It lies in approximately four miles west of kirriemuir on the B951 road.
Kirrie Connections, Kirriemuir
Kirriemuir, sometimes called Kirrie, is a burgh in Angus. Its history reaches back to earliest recorded times, when it seems to have been a major ecclesiastical centre.
Kirrie Connections, where I hold my surgeries, is a dementia friendly community hub who offer information, advice and support to people living with dementia, their carers and families.
Letham Village Hall
Letham is the largest village in Angus, with a population of nearly 2,000. Situated 17 miles from Dundee, 5 miles from Forfar, 10 miles from Arbroath and 10 miles from Carnoustie.
Monifieth (pop 7,900) is an ancient settlement, dating back to the 9th Century at least and stones discovered at the burgh’s historic St Rule’s Church indicate that it was a Pictish centre of some importance.
Monikie Scout Hut
Monikie is a village in Angus, Scotland, north-east of Dundee, and which takes its name from the civil parish of Monikie.
Muirheand and Birkhill Millenium Hall
Many street names in Birkhill have been inspired by the local environment, for instance, Post Box Road has a post box on it and Wood Road leads to a wooded area. There are also streets named after the late John Huband who was a very famous accordion player from the village and also wrote a huge amount of music in his day. The streets are John Huband Drive and Accordion Way and are located just off Dronley Road.
Murroes Village Hall
Murroes, par., S. Forfarshire, 5298 ac., pop. 749; the church is 5 miles NE. of Dundee. Murroes is now part of Angus district.
In the north of Kirriemuir is Northmuir. In the past decades this area has grown very fast with new developments including Woodend Drive, Cortachy Crescent and Rowan Avenue.
Tealing Hall SCIO
Tealing’s picturesque, slumbering, peaceful and idyllic setting belies its colourful past. Its history includes prehistoric settlement, ancient carvings, Picts, religious rebellion, World War intrigue, agricultural upheaval and community survival.
Wellbank Village Hall
Wellbank is a village in Angus. It lies approximately three miles north of Dundee, on the B978 road.